Monday, May 10, 2010

Thank you

I posted this on the South Padre Island Forum but decided I wanted to let those who don't follow the ins and outs of our local political debate online know how much the support we have received at Paragraphs means to us.

I can't believe how many people have taken the time to say such kind things about Paragraphs and especially about the house concert we had last week. I want to thank Nancy, Micheal, and Jerry for offering this great evening of entertainment. They performed simply to share their stories and music with an appreciative audience. Yes, people were generous with tips, but this performance was all for community and a way for us to show some appreciation for our wind-loving spring and fall visitors. Cathy Laferty brought wings, soft drinks, and veggies to share which everyone enjoyed.

I know there were several other things happening that evening so I really appreciate the support we received and the many words of encouragement.

As I sat and listened to the stories and music, I looked around at the faces of people who were obviously having a good time, and I realized how truly lucky I am to be able to realize my dream. Songwriting is about language, life, and friendships and these are the things we believe in at Paragraphs.

So, thank you everyone.

No comments: