Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Kind Words from the SPI Flip Flop Foodie

Every once in a while I have to share some very nice thing someone has said about the store. One of our frequent visitors who stops by often and always generously shares some latest culinary experiment -- cookies, cake pops or some other decadent tasty treat -- writes a delightful blog The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie. Anyway, Debbi wrote this very nice blog post about Paragraphs and I had to share some of the highlights.
Paragraph's "Meet the Author Series" are like a "social"...people visit, there's usually snacks of some sort, frequently wine, coffee, or tea...it's like we've gone to Joni's home and she has entertained us at a fine, yet comfortable, soiree. (I can come with no make-up, shorts, and flip flops...
she continues ..
There are no whispering library voices in Paragraphs...just lots of happy and interesting people.
What I really liked about Debbi's kind words is her reinforcement that we are providing the atmosphere that has been the driving force behind the development of Paragraphs from the very beginning. Our logo was even designed to represent the social hub idea that is what we want Paragraphs to be all about.

So, I do appreciate the kind blog post by Debbi. If you cook, or like me just like to eat, The Flip Flop Foodie is a great blog to follow. And if you live on the island and haven't gotten to know Debbi Hook, she is a person you should meet.

She continues:
This week, Joni shared a fabulous little rum cake...I am determined to duplicate it. She said a friend shipped it to Griff from the Caribbean...something like a Tortuga Rum Cake. If I get around to making my take on it, I'll blog about it you can be sure! Past events have featured yummies from Zeste, cheese and crackers, chocolates, and other little yummies. What book store does that? We are so fortunate to have them.
Now, I am waiting for her to try the Tortuga Rum Cake! I can't wait to sample some of those experiments!

No comments: