Saturday, January 17, 2015



Meet the Author Series at Paragraphs
Tuesday– January 20th 2015   1-3 PM
Username
Book signing, discussion and reception with author, Joyce Faulkner

Username took 35-years to research and write.
I began studying the world of serial killers in 1975 when a young woman I knew was murdered. It was clear she'd been taken by a monster and that terrified me.
In the 1990s, I began working with the internet. As the director of eCommerce for a large corporation, I learned just how easy it is for someone to juryrig the system to their own advantage--and the detriment of others.

I began writing to amuse myself when I was a tubby adolescent. I love the whole process -- planning, researching, writing -- and the many hours of editing that turns a lump of clay into a layered, cohesive story. As a reader, I appreciate the work that goes into plotting, characterization, and background. 
People often ask me if I write about myself. Of course, all authors ideas, thoughts, perspectives appear in their books. I'm in my books by the very topics that I choose to write about.



This event is free and open to the public.
Paragraphs On Padre Boulevard, 5505 Padre Blvd. South Padre Island, TX
For information call us at 956-433-5057

No comments: