Monday, January 6, 2014



Meet the Author Series at Paragraphs
Saturday January 11th           1-3PM
“Unsuspecting Prey”
Southern Mystery At Its Best
Book signing, discussion and reception with author, Margie Myers
Twenty-five years after her not-too-pleasant departure, Madison Monroe returns to her once-palatial home in Creston, NC innocently assuming she will reunite with family, all will be well, and she will return to her Kansas City home after her father’s funeral. But the canvas of Madison’s return is nothing like she has anticipated. Both foreground and background are flush with nefarious characters bent on doing her harm once they learn she has inherited the bulk of her father’s estate. She is paralyzed with fear when she learns that a provision in the will requires that she remain on the premises of Pine Hurst for the remainder of her life, which appears tenuous at best. Madison begins to question her sanity as she is repeatedly met with terrifying, life-threatening events. Time and time again, she attempts to discern who wants her dead only to realize that the list is all but endless, as are the reasons. Assured her saving grace will be the life-long devoted servants of her family, she is horrified to learn they are leaving her alone in a hideously-decaying mansion, in the middle of nowhere, to fend for herself. Her childhood home has once again become a house of horrors.

I made my debut on a beautiful spring day in Columbus County, NC. I have since traveled far and wide. I attended elementary schools in both New Hanover and Pender counties graduating from Burgaw High School. I began my writing career at a very young age having a short story published at age 14. For as long as I can recall, writing has been my first love. Psychology my second. I attended the University of Missouri-Kansas City where I received a bachelor’s and master’s degree in psychology. After beginning work on my doctorate, I decided to throw in the towel, and pursue my first love, writing. Since then, I have written five books, but never seriously considered publication until now. Life took many twists and turns before I reached this point and I am more than blessed to have finally arrived.
My husband Michael and I with our son, Masa, and our four-legged babies – an Australian Silky Terrier named Chloe Belle and a Chihuahua named Quigley – reside in San Benito, Tx.


This event is free and open to the public.
Paragraphs On Padre Boulevard, 5505 Padre Blvd. South Padre Island, TX
For information call us at 956-433-5057

No comments: