In some places I am ahead of schedule and some items are wrapped up in the construction of my own building. In other areas I need to get busy, which is hard to do down here in "manana" land.
Yesterday Griff left to return to New York, so I should have time to get busy. With our strange lifestyle, when we are together, I like to spend time with him and it's hard to concentrate on business plans and stuff.
My list for six to nine months includes things like:
- Everything that needs to be done to finalize my business name
- Update business plan
- Obtain a SAN number from R.R. Bowker
- Create credit reference sheet
- Contact vendors on products, services and computer systems
- Store design and layout
- Finalize product categories and inventory percentage
Right now I am waiting for a call from a graphic designer who specializes in product branding and marketing. It took me ages to finally decide on a name for the shop - and I want a logo that will stand out and serve several functions:
- Identify the store
- Reflect our mission
- Place the shop as to location, eliminate the need to look for street numbers - this is part of the reason I chose a distinctive architectural style
- Be easily reproduced in all media from low-quality newsprint to glossy ad pieces
- Be equally distinctive in color or black and white