Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kindle vs Books - The first 3 rounds

Everyone is always talking about the Kindle and there are aspects of owning one that do sound attractive. I realize that ebooks are with us to stay and having books available in a digital format does have a lot of advantages. However, it bothers me that one company could exert so much control over the entire publishing industry and so I have more concerns about the Kindle specifically than with the general concept of ebooks. The technology is evolving at such a rapid rate that I am not sure where the independent bookseller will fit into the picture. So I am following San Francisco's Green Apple Books series The Book vs The Kindle with interest.

Round 1 - Selling Your Old Books


Round 2 - Buying Books


Round 3 - Sharing Books

No comments: