Sunday, November 22, 2015

Meet Author Karen Klassen



Meet the Author Series at Paragraphs
Saturday December 5th  1-3PM
               Book signing, discussion and reading with poet, Karen Klassen    

As a local Texan, I’ve taken my life experiences as well as those of others around me, to create an inspirational book of poetry to encourage, bring hope and remind us that we’re not alone in this circumstance of life.

I married the love of my life as a teenager, am the mother of 3 children and have 7 wonderful grandchildren.  I enjoyed a career as a registered nurse and worked in many of our local hospitals.

My husband and I serve as missionaries and are the founders of Harvest Field Ministries, working in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.
 

In 2003, an accident suddenly changed my life and threw me into the ranks of the disabled.  Miracles from God, great doctors and a lot of hard work helped me regain more than ever expected.  Life is not dull or always easy, but I know no matter what circumstance comes my way I am not alone.

I am thankful for the nudges I have gotten over the years to go to my computer and begin typing the words, as they come to me, for another poem.


This event is free and open to the public.
Paragraphs On Padre Boulevard, 5505 Padre Blvd. South Padre Island, TX
For information call us at 956-433-5057

No comments: