Saturday, May 17, 2008

John McCain Woos Bloggers

The political bloggers are all actively pursuing an invite to Senator McCain's blog briefings. The Moderate Voice reports in a post titled:

The Bloggers Invited to Question John McCain:

"Going forward, Mr. Hynes said, the campaign would like to have Mr. McCain talk to sports bloggers, too, as a way to “humanize John McCain as something other than a carbon-copy politician running for office, delivering talking points.”"


What about the bookseller and book review bloggers?

2 comments:

Sam said...

Hey Joni I just read on NY Times that Sen. Ted Kennedy had a seizure of some kind, and there was some concern.

Gosh, what a dynasty, after taking over his brother's job in 1962 (wow, I was a little tyke then!).

I rarely venture into political biography unless they are prior to WWI but in this case I'll make an exception. Is there anything out there on the dear old man?
-sam

Joni said...

Edward M. Kennedy: A Biography by Adam Clymer is generally considered to be the definitive biography of the Liberal Lion.

Kennedy has signed a book deal with the publisher Twelve Books for his autobiography, which is scheduled to be published in 2010. That is one I will look forward to reading.

He is an incredible legislator - I must admit I love to listen to him when he is speaking on the floor of the Senate. I am a CSPAN junkie.