Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Story Behind the Postcard


This is a popular postcard on the Island. I have seen it in most of the shops but I had no idea it had a scientific and medical purpose!!

Stress
I am not sure exactly how this works, but it is amazingly accurate. This picture was used in a case study on stress levels at the Mayo Clinic and later at Fletcher Medical Center in Burlington.

Look at both mammals jumping out of the water. They are identical.

A closely monitored, scientific study revealed that, in spite of the fact that the dolphins are identical, a person under stress will find many differences between the two. The more differences a person finds, the more stress that person is experiencing.

Look at the photograph and if you find more than one or two differences you may need to take a vacation.


We'll look forward to seeing you in South Padre Island!!

Thanks to Sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone else not able to view the postcard?

Joni said...

I think I fixed this image. If not let me know. Thanks for the comment. Joni