Monday, July 28, 2008

Paragraphs Survived

I have been writing so many personal emails to friends and family who were concerned about how our building survived the Category 2 Hurricane, Dolly, which hit the Texas coast last Wednesday, that I totally forgot that I had not posted an update here.

Friday morning, I received official word from the contractor that we did not have any damage. A few shingles were lost from a partially shingled roof, a porta-potty washed or blew away, and our sign was knocked over but has been restored to its proper position.

I am feeling tremendously fortunate, lucky, and just plain thankful. I guess all those building codes and construction extras really are worth it.

Anyway, I just wanted to let those of you who I haven't heard from know that things are ok. Power needs to be restored before the contractor can have access to the island and construction can continue. But that is a minor issue, considering what we could have been facing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you survived the storm. I know it must be really hard being so far away from your project. We went by the site two weeks ago and cant wait to see it when you open. Thanks for posting the photos and all info.

Joni said...

And thank you for your interest.