Monday, December 8, 2008

First Half of Move -- Accomplished!!

It seems like ages ago when we were in New York packing those treasures which I felt I would not want to live without. I remember thinking how fun it was going to be to dig into these boxes and find things I haven't seen or used in years and set up housekeeping like a couple of newlyweds, using all those wedding presents which we hadn't had the opportunity to enjoy before. (Photos from June 23 blog post)

And, then there were those stacks of books I had been collecting for years....









That was then, and now six months later, while still excited the magnitude of what I am undertaking is sinking in. The same question I have asked myself at least a million times was on my mind this morning when I saw this moving van drive up Padre Boulevard...

What in the world am I doing?

3 comments:

Sam said...

Your place is begging for some greenery and some Christmas light, Jobi, and we're not giving up until you relent and allow us to help!
sam

Sam said...

I promise to type slower and say "lights" and "Joni" but you get the picture.

Joni said...

I agree. But until I get some ownership or possession of the building I am looking on from afar, pretty much just like everyone else.

I do appreciate you neighborly spirit and there may be a day when you are sorry for offering!!