Saturday, January 17, 2015



Meet the Author Series at Paragraphs
Friday – January 23rd 2015       3-5PM
“The Attack”
Book signing and reading with author, Bob Doerr


The Attack is an international thriller that begins when a terrorist team sets off four explosive devices in an international airport close to New York City.  The leader of the terrorists, Ahmad Khalin, survives the attack and plans to attack a second U.S. airport within the month.  As Khalin makes his escape from the New York area he is involved in a shooting in Connecticut. Clint Smith, a U.S. government agent assigned to an ultra-secret agency, is at a restaurant across the street when the shooting occurs. He responds to the scene to see if he can help, but Khalin is gone. On a hunch, Teresa Deer, Smith’s boss, sends Smith after Khalin. Smith’s pursuit takes him to Bar Harbor, Maine; Wiesbaden, Germany; the Costa Brava, Spain; Northern Scotland; Lake of the Woods, Ontario, Canada; and finally into Saskatchewan, Canada, where the final confrontation takes place.  Throughout the pursuit, a number of interesting characters add to the subplots and try to survive their involvement in the chase.

I grew up in a military family, graduated from the Air Force Academy, and then had a twenty eight year career in the Air Force.  It was a life style that had me moving every three or four years, but also one that exposed me to the people and cultures of numerous countries in Asia, Europe, and to most of these United States. 

In the Air Force, I specialized in criminal investigations and counterintelligence gaining significant insight to the worlds of crime, espionage and terrorism. My field of work brought me into close contact and coordination with the investigative and security agencies of many different countries and with the FBI and CIA. This background has helped me develop the fictional plots and characters in my books. 
In addition to my degree from the Academy, I also have a Masters in International Relations from Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska. I am a full time author now, with five mystery/thrillers and a middle grade fantasy already published. I've also co-authored a mystery with three other authors titled Paragraphs: Mysteries of the Golden Booby. 
I live in Garden Ridge, Texas, with my wife of 40 years, and an ornery cat named Cinco.

This event is free and open to the public.
Paragraphs On Padre Boulevard, 5505 Padre Blvd. South Padre Island, TX
For information call us at 956-433-5057

5 comments:

feowl said...

The generator for small text service seems to be great platform. The idea about how to get summary is really worthy. I would like to get this service and happy to find it. useful content finds great sources of information here.

robert said...

Because of lots of information on the paper, it is common for everyone to make mistake. I am also made mistake in my paper. That time I don't know about these services. Now it may be a great initiative for my further paper. Here is the look at here that gives a lot of ideas.

keo said...

Appreciating content of copy checker would be the best tools for my essay writing. Without a unique essay I can't make me differ myself from others. Perhaps it assumes to be best. on this page to get a brief discussion.

Christopher Blevins said...

Appreciating articles regarding replicate checker is the finest equipment regarding my own article creating. With out go here a special article I cannot help make myself fluctuate me personally coming from other folks. Maybe that thinks being finest.

Christopher Blevins said...

I would like to paraphrase my own any blog post explore more designed for form. You you should not sacrifice and prime quality meant for my own blog post.