Thursday, January 15, 2015



Meet the Author Series at Paragraphs
Friday – January 16th 2015   1-3PM
“Someday I’ll Fly”
Book signing, discussion and reception with author, Joyce Faulkner

In 1943, during World War II, ordinary little girls are expected to learn to cook, sew, and play with dolls. But Pam wants to do more, to be more-to help her brother and all the other soldiers. When Pam meets the Women's Air Force Service Pilots, she discovers exactly what she wants to be when she grows up. She even begins to build her very own plane. But when her friend becomes sick, Pam has to decide what is most important to her. An adaptation of WINDSHIFT by Joyce Faulkner,   Written and Illustrated by Rebecca Evans, ©2014 Rebecca Evans,  Red Engine Press.

I began writing to amuse myself when I was a tubby adolescent. I love the whole process -- planning, researching, writing -- and the many hours of editing that turns a lump of clay into a layered, cohesive story. As a reader, I appreciate the work that goes into plotting, characterization, and background. 
People often ask me if I write about myself. Of course, all authors ideas, thoughts, perspectives appear in their books. I'm in my books by the very topics that I choose to write about.



This event is free and open to the public.
Paragraphs On Padre Boulevard, 5505 Padre Blvd. South Padre Island, TX
For information call us at 956-433-5057

No comments: